It’s been said that this is a different presidential cycle. In addition to the way the politics are playing out, there’s a shift in what candidates talk about–and what is off limits. For example:
- The color orange of a candidate’s face, usually regarding fake tannng.
- The hair-do of a candidate. This could include comb-overs, fright wig looks or hairbands.
- The apparent sleepiness of a candidate.
- The amount of “energy” a candidate emits.
- How much a candidate spends on stuff for themselves and their families.
- How often a candidate goes to church and how they worship their gods.
- The weight of a candidate.
- The wrinkles a candidate has.
- What a candidate wears, especially if it’s a pantsuit.
- How long a candidate takes to pee.
- What a candidate remembers about something they did in high school.
- A candidate’s “talent” as a politician.
- The sexcapades of a candidate’s spouse.
What seems to be off-limits? Sadly, we seem to be avoiding substantive coverage in the media of policy differences.
I mean, really. C’mon.